The Life of a Procrastinator

09:22

My Dearest Reader,

It is a pleasure to have you here again, your being here inspires me to keep going and writing. So I thought about doing one post during the weekend and one every Wednesday but time will not permit. The end goal is to even have a post every single day, but since I’m aiming at quality in writing I need to put some work into it. I don’t just want to write for writing sake, I want it to make sense.

If you were inspired by my first post, then I’m hoping the second post helped you fight that initial fear most of us feel when pursuing/starting a dream. I knew the next thing I wanted to write about the day after my last post was uploaded but I kept on pushing it further and further till this last minute.

Have you ever started a task and then suddenly got distracted by the new song playing on Trace, or have you discovered that the moment you start to read for an exam your eyes start to itch and you want to just rest your head for a bit. Or maybe you are even the type that is listening to a sermon and it is ministering to you, you know you should be taking notes but you tell yourself I’ll write it down when I get home.
If that’s you up there, welcome to the Club of Procrastinators. I am welcoming you because I am also a member of this club and this post is as much for me as it is for you.  Many of us are good at pushing major tasks to the very last minute. We forget that there are higher chances of mistakes or sloppiness when things are done in a hurry. Before you know it, a good day has come to an end and you are looking for what you have achieved that day.
Me I even have this habit of saying; “Don’t worry, I will do it later. I even work better under pressure.”
Is that the laziest statement ever or what? Something we procrastinators say just to justify a bad habit.
Scientists have tried to process and understand how a procrastinators brain works and they have come to the conclusion that  procrastination is largely as a failure of self-regulation — like other bad behaviors that have to do with a lack of self-control, such as overeating, a gambling problem, oversleeping or even overspending. Personally, I would describe it to be a matter of laziness or poor time management, and if you would be honest then you can attest to this.  
We’ve talked about being inspired to start something, we talked about facing our fears and trying new things but how many people actually implemented any of the articles? As my mother always says “Time waits for no man.” It is time to drop the excuses because real life waits. If you say you are great, how will it show if you keep postponing the greatness. We have to make up our minds that it is now or never, the earlier you start pursing that dream the better.
Sometimes when we procrastinate, some of us actually accomplish things, e.g. finishing a series, downloading new songs, and stalking people on social media. We never quite get to the things we really want to achieve in life, our most important, long-term goals. Lets make up our minds to not evade major tasks, to start something and not push it while we still have time. 

Next time you want to procrastinate, ask yourself...
...Are your excuses more important than your dreams?




---If you liked this post, please share with others, someone might need this. 
Feel free to leave your comments below, I would love to hear from you.---



You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Great post... i think i need a reality check

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really feels like you're always talking to me hahaha. Nice post ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear,
      Then I guess we are all similar. I hope this served as a wake up call for you. Thank you love. ❤️

      Delete
  3. After procrastinating on when I will read this post. I know this post is for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dear,

      I'm sure many people did that. If it helped, don't forget to share.
      Thank you.

      Delete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe