WHAT INSPIRES YOU?

07:42



Hey you! It’s great to be back, isn’t it?

Kindly indulge me and take a minute to sincerely answer the question “What inspires you?” as it concerns you. You can decide to say it aloud, write it down or just tuck it somewhere in your heart, but answer all the same. 

This post is about you and what inspires you, what drives you, what is your purpose? It is only normal and instinctive that as humans we try to find our purpose. In fact many of us are raised with the mindset that at a certain age you should have an idea of what your purpose in life is. But, I will not give you a sermon about finding your purpose. Instead, let’s talk about the hidden truth about purpose; many people do not realize that finding your purpose is never enough. That is the flip side we never hear, the challenge faced by our generation is creating a world where everyone has a sense of purpose.

So many people have become stagnant, stuck at one point just because yes they know their purpose but they do not know how to translate it to their lives. Mark Zuckerberg said;
“When our parents graduated, purpose reliably came from your job, your church, your community. But today, technology and automation are eliminating many jobs. Membership in communities is declining. Many people feel disconnected and depressed, and are trying to fill a void”.

To be inspired is to be mentally stimulated to do something, especially to do something creative, you know like when you have a brilliant idea. Having this brilliant idea is easy; execution is where problem starts for many of us. I procrastinated about a thousand times before I finally got to this first post. I had people encouraging me and the idea was right there in head lying fallow but to just reach out, to grab this idea and implement it was so hard. Many young people are like me, waiting for magic to happen, a miracle; that’s even sweeter to call it. Yet the real truth remains that not everyone is lucky enough to be inspired and not every inspiration will become an inspiration for others.

In order to move forward, to progress, we have a duty to ourselves and our society to not only create new jobs but to also create a ‘new’ sense of purpose. Honestly it is not enough to have purpose yourself, without at least trying to affect others with that purpose.

I’m sure many times you’ve told yourself; I’m going to be rich or I’ll definitely be wealthy but realize that wealth won’t walk up to you, you have to go get it. If I ask, what is your greatest fear? I’m certain at least 50% of you will say; “fear of failure or fear of not being successful”, yet you seem very unbothered about the path your life is taking.

Let me end with this; “In our society, we often don’t do big things because we’re so afraid of making mistakes that we ignore all the things wrong today if we do nothing. The reality is, anything we do will have issues in the future. But that should not keep us from starting.”

Don’t just sit there, grab a pen and paper.

Be Inspired.


---If you liked this post, please share with others, someone might need this. Feel free to leave your comments below, I would love to hear from you.---


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Interesting write up very thoughtful, especially Mark's comment. I remember him mentioning something like that at a graduation speech in Harvard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, I hope it inspired you to want to do something. Yes, the quote was in his speech. Come back again.

      Delete
  2. Rere, truly glad to have you back and of course I've missed your write-ups. I see purpose and ambition as two sides of the same coin. I remember a quote (from an anonymous source) once said, a man without ambition, is a man alone. I say we can safely replace that with a man without purpose is a man alone.We get our drive from our purpose and if our purpose in life isn't strong enough to wake us up early in the morning or scary enough to keep us awake at night, maybe its not much of a purpose then. Purpose is everything, nothing else matters until you find it, and if you eventually find it, it counts for little if you don't run with it.I remember having to reach deep inside of my very essence of my being to find that one thing that beggars the question "if I depart this world today, what will I be remembered for?". I'm not so sure that question was answered immediately, but I knew it had to be more than just getting a job, having a home, raising a family and just coasting through life.Your purpose must affect humanity otherwise, its just an existence. Thanks Rere for always bringing up topics like this.Stuff in our hearts that we seldom talk about.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

@iamtherere

Subscribe